Day 1: Wednesday 5th December 2018
10:00 am - 10:10 am Opening Remarks
Who Owns the Future?
10:10 am - 10:30 am Who Owns the Future? AXA as an Innovation PioneerVikas Chhariya - Managing Director - Group Innovation, AXA
10:30 am - 11:00 am Panel: Who Owns the Future?Shân Millie - Founder Bright Blue Hare
Oke Eleazu - Chief Operating Officer, Bought by Many
Robert Bartlett - Partner, Motive Partners
Ruth Polyblank - CMO, Industry Specialist
Nick Rawlings - Head of Business Transformation, Covea Insurance
- The competitive landscape of the insurance industry is changing, and its leader must decide now how and where they will compete in the future.
- With agile newcomers, greenfield carriers, established competitors doing digital better, and the looming threat of tech giants on the horizon, market share can’t be taken for granted.
- So who owns the future? Will it be the insurtechs, the insurers ahead on the digital curve, or will it be out of industry players?
- How is the shifting competitive landscape influencing the thinking of insurance leaders, and how is it driving their strategies for change?
Bright Blue Hare
Oke EleazuChief Operating Officer
Bought by Many
Nick RawlingsHead of Business Transformation
11:00 am - 11:20 am A New Dawn? The Challenger’s Point of ViewMatt Poll - Chief Executive Officer, Neos
- Becoming an insurer isn’t easy. From the onerous regulatory requirements to the high customer acquisition costs in a market built on grudge purchases, it takes vision, commitment and significant resources and expertise. Many would ask, ‘why bother?’
- Hear from a challenger at the forefront of insurance’s digital revolution.
Matt PollChief Executive Officer
Reaping the Benefits of Tech-Driven Innovation
11:20 am - 11:40 am Unleashing the Potential for IoT in InsuranceMatteo Carbone - Founder & Director, IoT Insurance Observatory
11:40 am - 12:10 pm Panel: Flash in the Plan or Here to Stay? Embedding Innovation in the Incumbent InsurerYannis Korgialos - Head of European Partners and Products, Munich Re Digital Partners
Alexandre Rispal - Co-Founder and CEO, Moonshot-Internet
James Routledge - Founder, Halo
- The ‘why’ of innovation is clear, but where there’s less certainty is the ‘how'
- Beyond lab launches, new job titles, and making the right noises in public, how can insurers sustain innovation across the organisation and deliver value to the business?
- When it comes to innovation initiatives, what works and what doesn’t?
Yannis KorgialosHead of European Partners and Products
Munich Re Digital Partners
Alexandre RispalCo-Founder and CEO
12:10 pm - 12:50 pm Panel: It Takes Two, Baby – Partnership as the Motor of Industry ChangeLily Covington - Senior Strategist Cruxy & Company
Tobias Taupitz - CEO and Co-Founder, Laka
Tina Woods - Founder, Collider Health
Tracey Smith - Fintech Lead, DirectLine
- When the InsurTech Story is written, collaboration will surely loom large as one if its biggest themes.
- As start-ups have taken on the role of enablers of digital transformation, their importance as a motor of industry change has become clearer. But to reap the benefits of partnerships a number of challenges have to be overcome.
- How do you pair legacy systems and mind-sets with disruptive technologies and outlooks and get results?
- Hear how effective partnerships are built and leveraged to drive change
Tobias TaupitzCEO and Co-Founder
Tracey SmithFintech Lead
Lily CovingtonSenior Strategist
Cruxy & Company
12:50 pm - 2:00 pm Afternoon Break
Building the ‘Intelligent Insurer’ – Redesigning the Industry with AI
2:10 pm - 2:40 pm Panel: Why AI Will be at the Core of Everything an Insurer DoesJean-Stéphane Gourévitch - Mentor Nexussquared
Craig Beattie - Senior Analyst, Celent
James Breeze - Datawarehouse Architect, XL Catlin
Janthana Kaenprakhamroy - CEO and Founder, Tapoly
Tomer Srulevich, - Chief Business Officer, Endor
Dr Evangelos Avramakis - Head Digital Ecosystems R&D, Swiss Re Institute
- A lot of the excitement around AI in insurance has focused on its ability to improve pricing models or analytics, but the story doesn’t end there.
- In the AI-driven, data-rich era, the way insurance products and services are built and run will fundamentally change. From real-time risk monitoring and prevention to providing seamless customer experiences that incorporate human advice only when necessary, insurance will be almost unrecognisable.
- But how do carriers get to this vision of the future? What steps should they be taking now to ensure that AI sits at the core of everything they do?
James BreezeDatawarehouse Architect
Janthana KaenprakhamroyCEO and Founder
Tomer Srulevich,Chief Business Officer
Dr Evangelos AvramakisHead Digital Ecosystems R&D
Swiss Re Institute
2:40 pm - 3:00 pm HoloLens: AR and VR in the Realm of InsuranceBobbie Mansfield - Digital Change Leader, AXA XL, a division of AXA
Fuel for the Fire – Unlocking Data’s Potential
3:00 pm - 3:20 pm Unleashing the Power of Data and AI for New Business Opportunities in InsuranceMichael Cooper - Former CTO Radianz, BT for Financial Services, Independent Consultant
3:20 pm - 3:40 pm RPA Cognitive and AI: Now Soon LaterProfessor Leslie Willcocks - Department of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science
Professor Leslie WillcocksDepartment of Management
London School of Economics and Political Science
Redefining Value for the Customer – How Insurers Can Stay Relevant in the Digital Age
4:00 pm - 4:10 pm IoT Survey: Where is Your Organisation on Their IoT Journey?
4:10 pm - 4:30 pm Neosurance: Leveraging AI, IoT and Behavioural Sciences to Promise Happier and Safer LivesPietro Menghi - Chief Executive Officer, Neosurance
4:30 pm - 4:50 pm Towards a Dynamic Future – Transforming the Underwriter’s ArtRoss Campbell - Chief Underwriter, Life Health R&D, Gen Re
4:50 pm - 5:30 pm Insurtech Insights – the Technology and Vision Leading the Way for Smart InsuranceRoss Campbell - Chief Underwriter, Life Health R&D, Gen Re
Thomas Lethenborg - CEO, Monsenso
Ulrik Borch - Co-founder and CEO, Injurymap
Luca Schnettler - CEO and Founder, Healthyhealth